How to use EasyWP with a third-party domain
If your domain name is registered with us and pointed to our Namecheap BasicDNS or PremiumDNS, then you ready to go and have nothing more to do.
The instructions below should be used if the domain is:
- registered elsewhere and pointed to PremiumDNS
- using one of our other DNS platforms
- using an external DNS provider
Follow these steps to get up and running within a few minutes:
Step 1: Create a new EasyWP website using the FREE address by following the instructions provided here.
From your domain registrar's website set up URL forwarding from your real domain (e.g., domain.com) to your EasyWP FREE address (e.g., https://blog-user.easywp.com):
- Log in to the account of your domain (DNS) provider.
- Find the URL forwarding option.
- Select the domain name you would like to forward to your EasyWP website and enter your EasyWP FREE address (e.g. https://blog-user.easywp.com) as the destination URL.
Once the URL forwarding is set up visitors going to your real domain will be redirected to the FREE address provided with EasyWP (and it will be displayed in the address bar):
If you need help forwarding your domain to your EasyWP FREE address, please contact the registrar/DNS provider for your domain.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact our Support Team.