How to manage your VPS with SolusVM (for KVM)
We use KVM technology for virtualization on our VPS severs. KVM delivers 133% increase in disk speed performance comparing to XEN technology.
This article describes main features of Solus VM with KVM Virtualization Type. For XEN Virtualization Type use this guide.
Solus Virtual Manager (SolusVM) is a powerful GUI-based VPS management system which allows you to monitor your VPS status and change basic settings.
You can access SolusVM at https://vpspanel.web-hosting.com. Login details are provided in the welcome email along with server access details. If you haven’t received it, please contact our HelpDesk.
Inside SolusVM you will see all your VPS with us.
Click on Manage next to the VPS in question in order to access its management panel.
How to change the server status
How to change the VPS hostname
How to enable API access to the server
How to check VPS usage statistics
How to get VNC access details
How to change VNC password
How to change root password for VPS
How to manage PTR records on VPS
How to check SolusVM log
1. How to change the server status:
You can change server status from the main page:
Reboot - reboots your VPS; may be needed if VPS has stopped responding
Shutdown - turns off your VPS server
Boot - turns on your VPS server
Reinstall - reinstalls OS on your VPS
NOTE: The reinstall option will erase all existing data on your VPS
2. How to change VPS hostname:
- Select the Hostname tab
- In the New Hostname field input the new server hostname of your choosing and click Change.
NOTE: The new hostname must be set in the following format - newname.yourdomain.tld
3. How to enable API access to the server:
You can check more information about SolusVM API usage here.
- Select the API tab
- Click on Generate in order to generate a new pair of API user/password.
4. How to check VPS usage statistics
Go to the Statistics tab and select a time period from the drop-down list to see Traffic and Disk Space usage log:
5. How to get VNC access details
You can use any VNC client to access the server. To get the connection details click the VNC button:
On the next page, you will be able to see VNC address, port and the password:
6. How to change VNC password
Go to VNC password tab:
Enter the new password and click Change.
7. How to change root password for VPS
Go to the Root/Admin Password tab and click the Change button:
In the pop-up window click Yes:
Wait for a few minutes for the password to be reset. Once, it is done you will receive a "Success" message with the new password:
8. How to manage PTR records on a VPS
Allow up to 24 hours to pass (in some cases up to 72) for the record to propagate. NOTE: No additional update of the PTR record in WHM is required.
- Navigate to the Network tab.
Here you can see the list of the IPs assigned to your VPS and the Reverse DNS column.
- Click on [Edit]:
- A pop-up window will show up, input a new or edit the existing PTR record. Click on Update.
9. How to check SolusVM log
Check our VPS Hosting - Getting Started guide for more information about the VPS setup.
- Click on the Log button on the main page:
- Here you can check certain actions like VPS reboot or root password change which were made from the SolusVM panel.
- You can also look up your VPS current disk space usage and remaining bandwidth: