How to use EasyWP with a GoDaddy domain
If your domain name is registered with GoDaddy, please read through the following steps to get your EasyWP website up and running in just a few minutes.
If you want to use EasyWP with a GoDaddy domain name, you can choose one of the following options:
Set up FreeDNS
Set up a redirect
The FreeDNS service can be enabled before your website is created. In this case, you’ll be able to select your desired domain name for your website right away in the EasyWP dashboard.
Another option is to create your website using EasyWP’s free temporary domain name and changing it to your GoDaddy domain name after it’s set up with FreeDNS.
Feel free to follow this guide
to proceed with the FreeDNS setup.
To use EasyWP with a GoDaddy domain name, you’ll be prompted to add the next nameservers on your GoDaddy account:
To do this, log in to your GoDaddy account and locate the DNS option:
Once you’ve done this, scroll down to the Nameservers section and click the Change button:
Choose Custom DNS from the drop-down menu, paste all the DNS records required, and press the Save button:
After the records are added, go back to the Namecheap account to finish the installation.
NOTE: The domain propagation for the nameservers can take up to 48 hours. After this time, you’ll be able to point your domain name to EasyWP.
1. Create a new EasyWP website using a temporary domain name by following the instructions provided here.
2. Sign into your GoDaddy account.
3. In the product list, click on the DNS button next to the domain name you would like to forward to your EasyWP website:
4. You will be redirected to the DNS Management page. Scroll down the page to find the Forwarding section. Click on the ADD button:
5. Fill in the required details:
- Select http:// or https:// as the FORWARD TO option and enter the EasyWP free temporary domain name (e.g. blog-user.easywp.com) to which you wish to forward your real domain
- Select Permanent (301) or Temporary (302) redirect as the FORWARD TYPE. For more information about the difference between Permanent and Temporary redirect check this guide.
- Forwarding SETTINGS should be set to Forward only.
6. Click Save.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact our Support Team.