Here you can find answers to many common questions about our EasyWP product.
We install the latest major WordPress version for newly created EasyWP subscriptions. Still, we do not force an update for already created WordPress websites.
- What version of WordPress will be used for my website?
WordPress automatically checks and updates its core components for minor and security updates. You can read more about Automatic Background Updates on the WordPress website.
- Do you offer automatic WordPress Core Updates?
If you have installed third party plugins or themes, these will need to be updated manually from the WordPress admin section.
Either go to http://your-website/wp-admin (where your-website is the URL of your website) or log into the EasyWP dashboard and click the three vertical dots to the right hand side of your EasyWP application and click 'Go to wp-admin'.
- How do I access the WordPress admin section?
You can install any theme of your choice using WordPress dashboard or even upload your own theme files using built-in WordPress menu.
- Can I install my own theme?
NOTE: While choosing which theme to install, we always recommend you avoid untrusted sources, as well as illegal free downloads of premium plugins, as these could break your site or compromise your site security. Also, make sure that the theme is compatible with the WordPress version and other plugins you have installed.
Generally speaking, we don’t have restrictions on plugins. However, we do have a small shortlist of banned plugins here. These are blocked because they are known to be bad, known to hurt your website or known to cause performance issues.
- Are there any plugins that are not allowed to be installed?
- What about caching plugins?
NOTE: While choosing which plugins to install, we always recommend you avoid untrusted sources, as well as illegal free downloads of premium plugins, as these could break your site or compromise your site security. Also, make sure that all plugins are compatible with the WordPress version and other plugins you have installed.
Yes, there are. To check what PHP functions are disabled, refer to this article.
- Are there any PHP functions disabled for my WordPress website?
No, EasyWP doesn't support WordPress Multisite at the moment.
- Can I install WordPress MU/Multisite with EasyWP?
EasyWP WordPress site can be created on a domain registered with us or a free address (e.g. https://blog-user.easywp.com). It is not possible to host your custom subdomains with EasyWP.
- Is it possible to install WordPress on a subdomain?
You sure can! There are several Google Analytics plugins you can install to make this easier.
- Can I use Google Analytics?
There are a number of free and paid plugins that allow you to create a simple contact or mail form. One example is Simple Contact Form Plugin – Pirate Forms which has a very simple setup.
- Will I be able to set up a contact form?
For security reasons we do not allow you to connect to an external database.
- Can I connect my WP installation to a database hosted elsewhere?
EasyWP allows you to create one WordPress website. However, you may create more websites by ordering additional EasyWP subscriptions.
- How many websites can I create with EasyWP?
We do not have any restrictions on how many subscriptions you can order per Namecheap account.
- How many EasyWP subscriptions can I order?
We do offer SFTP. To learn how to connect your WordPress website on EasyWP, refer to this article.
- Do I get FTP/SSH/SFTP access to my website?
No, we do not provide cPanel. However, EasyWP comes with a custom dashboard where you will be able to back up/restore your website, put it into a maintenance mode and more with just a click or two.
- Do I get access to cPanel?
We do offer SFTP. Also, we are planning to provide access to a database through PHPMyAdmin in the near future.
- Do I get access to File manager and PHPMyAdmin?
No, we do not provide a CDN at this moment, however. We do plan to provide it in the future.
No, we do not provide a dedicated IP address at this time.
- Can I get a dedicated IP address?
- Do you limit the number of visitors I can have to my website?
Generally speaking, we do not limit the number of visitors that can visit your website.
However, we recommend the Starter plan for websites with up to 50,000 visitors per month, the Turbo plan for 200,00 visits per month, and Supersonic for 500,000 visitors.
- Can EasyWP handle high amounts of traffic in short periods of time?
The amount of visitors for each plan is a recommended number and not a limit. The amount of traffic that can be handled depends on how optimized the site is, etc. We will not block the site if it goes above the recommended number of visitors.