How do I add SPF or TXT records for my domain?
You can only set up TXT/SPF records for the domain in Namecheap account if it’s using our default nameservers.
In order to setup the TXT/SPF records for your domain, follow the instructions below:
- Sign in to your Namecheap account
- Mouse over Account option in upper right corner of the page and choose Domain List or choose Domain List menu in the bar on your left
- Click on Manage option in front of the domain name you would like to create the TXT/SPF record for
- Choose Advanced DNS from the top menu and click on Manage in front of Host Records option
- On the next page you may add or edit host records for a domain or subdomains. Click Add records in order to create TXT/SPF record for your domain
Add the following data into the corresponding fields:
Record Type: choose TXT record from the drop-down menu
Record Name: here you can name the record as you wish
Host: insert @ that corresponds to your domain domain.com or the sub-domain you wish to create the TXT/SPF record for
Value: insert the necessary value of your TXT/SPF record
TTL: you may leave this option automatic
Click Save changes.
You can also use the form located here to generate a string. Then copy it and save it in the box (with no quotes). The SPF record is then automatically created in your domain's host records
This is it!
Need any help? Contact us via Helpdesk