By default, Private Email DNS records are set up automatically when Private Email
is selected in the Mail Settings
. You can find more information about it here
. However, if you need to add those records manually, please follow the steps below.NOTE
: It is necessary to set up the SPF record manually only in those cases when you add any other SPF record for the domain or subdomain.
: All the records mentioned after Step 4
should be added manually when Custom MX
option is selected in the Mail Settings
and MX records are set up manually. It is usually needed in cases, when you add some other MX records, for example, for an email service for a subdomain.
If your domain name is registered with us and uses our default nameservers (dns1-2.registrar-servers.com), or you have a third-party domain pointed to FreeDNS or Premium DNS, you will need to do the following:
1. Sign in to your Namecheap account.
2. In your Dashboard click on the Manage option in front of the domain name your Private Email plan is associated with:
3. Choose the Advanced DNS on top and scroll down to the Mail Settings section, and choose Private Email from the Mail Settings drop-down menu. Private Email DNS records will be set up automatically:
4. Make sure to Save changes:
Then, go up to the Host Records section and add CNAME, TXT and SRV records.
Click on the Add new record button:
and add the following records:
1. Type: TXT Record| Host: @ | Value: v=spf1 include:spf.privateemail.com ~all | TTL: Automatic
: TXT Record
: string generated and copied using this guide
3. Type: CNAME Record| Host: mail | Value: privateemail.com | TTL: Automatic
4. Type: CNAME Record| Host: autodiscover | Value: privateemail.com | TTL: Automatic
5. Type: CNAME Record| Host: autoconfig | Value: privateemail.com | TTL: Automatic
6. Type: SRV Record| Service: _autodiscover | Protocol: _tpc | Priority: 0 | Weight: 0 | Port: 443 | Value: privateemail.com
NOTE: The domain name itself should not be included in the Host field.
Your records will look like this:
Allow up to 30 minutes for the records to propagate and check the work of your mail service.
Once done, do not forget to create the email user accounts as described in this article
Need any help? Contact our HelpDesk