A DKIM record is generated automatically after you create the first mailbox.
If it was already created, follow the steps below to generate a DKIM record for your Private Email subscription:
1. Sign in to your Namecheap account.
2. Go to Domain List menu on your left and select All Products in the upper right corner:
3. Click on caret to expand the associated services list. Then, look
for your Private Email subscription in the list and click on Manage next to it:
4. Click on the Generate button under DKIM:
5. Once done, you will get the "DKIM has been generated" message. To check the host and value for the TXT record, click on Show DKIM:
6. Here, you can see the fields with the DNS record as well as Public and Private keys values:
7. Now you need to add the corresponding TXT record to the DNS zone file for your domain:
- Host: default._domainkey
- Record type: TXT
- Value: the string which begins with "v=DKIM1; k=rsa; p=MIIBIjANB..." (should be entered without brackets and quotes)
: For domains on BasicDNS
, the TXT record will be created automatically. If your domain is using our Web Hosting DNS
), the TXT record should be added manually in your hosting cPanel
. If your domain is pointed to our Premium DNS
, the record is to be added manually in your Namecheap account
. For domains on third-party nameservers
, the TXT record should be set up on the side of your current DNS provider.
Normally, it takes 30 minutes
for the changes to come totally into effect.
8. If you need to delete the DKIM record, click on the Remove DKIM
button. You will get a warning message reminding you to delete the TXT record on the side of your current DNS provider. To proceed further, select Yes
NOTE: For domains on BasicDNS, the TXT record will be deleted automatically.
If you need any further assistance, please contact our Support Team