FastVPN Windows App
setup starts with launching the app and signing into your Namecheap account or creating a new account:
Once you are logged in, enter payment details and confirm your purchase:
To install the app, you can use the link directly from the
FastVPN for Windows
page by clicking the Download
button in the Download VPN for Windows section:
Once the app is successfully installed, the FastVPN icon
will appear in the Windows bar. Click this icon and sign into your
existing Namecheap account:
Once signed in, you will see the FastVPN system tray icon with Compact mode:
Right click on the FastVPN icon in the tray menu for Compact mode
. Under Compact mode
, you will have:
- Best Available
From here you can connect to the "Best Available" location:
here you can connect to your favorite locations. Note that you will be
able to add your favorite location if you have not chosen any before:
Show FastVPN will redirect you to the expanded view with more options where you
can see all locations, add/remove the favorite country or city, connect
to country or city:
Here you can favorite a country:
Or favorite a city:
You can have multiple levels of connections, either connect at a country level:
Or connect to a city location:
Settings will redirect you to the expanded view where you will have more options:
Under General Settings,
you will have:
- Kill Switch disconnects your internet connection when FastVPN is not available ensuring your online security.
Note: if Kill-Switch is turned on and you are not connected to
VPN, the ping information cannot be retrieved and you will need to:
1. Turn off Kill-Switch.
2. Connect to VPN.
3. Then turn back ON Kill-Switch.
- Startup ensures the app is launched upon startup.
- Auto-Protect will always keep your traffic protected when you use the Internet on your device.
- Network detection notification will ask to connect to VPN upon new network detection.
- Trusted WiFi networks allow you to add current network to trusted. Trusted WiFi networks are the WiFi networks that you trust or already have a VPN connection on, for which you do not want to use FastVPN.
- Theme Appearance allows selecting light or dark themes for the FastVPN app.
- About FastVPN where you can check the app version.
- Sign out from the app.
- Quit App.
Under Protocol Settings,
you will have:
- WireGuard®* - fast, secure, easy-to-use protocol has strong encryption, perfect forward secrecy, and minimal attack surface.
WireGuard® is a modern VPN protocol that offers improved performance, security, and simplicity compared to traditional VPN protocols.
With WireGuard® you can enjoy faster VPN speeds, better encryption, and lower latency, making your online experience even more seamless.
To use WireGuard®, simply update your FastVPN app to the latest version, choose the WireGuard® protocol from the app settings and select a server location. Once you connect to the server, FastVPN will automatically establish a secure VPN connection using WireGuard®.
*All Rights Reserved. "WireGuard" and the "WireGuard" logo are registered trademarks of Jason A. Donenfeld.
- IKEv2 - a 256-bit encryption, secure, stable and mobile-oriented protocol.
- OpenVPN - also a 256-bit encryption protocol. It has strong desktop support and requires third-party software.
- TCP (Transmission Control Protocol).
- High reliability compatibility.
- UDP (User Datagram Protocol).
- Best for slow connections and transmitting the time-sensitive data.
- Scramble function - allows you to add obfuscation capability to OpenVPN
in order to bypass network sensors that detect VPN usage in order to
- Install/Reinstall Tap Driver - installs the required third-party software for using OpenVPN.
Under Log Details, you will have:
- Track Your User Behavior - allows you privately turning on user tracking logs. They will be visible only to you.
- Data Consumption - allows you to track Downloads and Uploads.
- Log Details - improve your troubleshooting experience.
Under Notifications, you will be notified of important announcements and alerts:
Under Get Help
you will have:
- Send Feedback - allows you to submit feedback from the app.
- Frequently Asked Questions - to access our knowledge base.
- Customer Support - allows you to contact our support directly by clicking the “Chat with a Live Person” link.
Under Terms and Policies you will have:
- Terms of Service.
Send feedback allows you to submit feedback from the app.
In case of failure in using the FastVPN application, you will be able to send a Problem Report to let us know about the issues you are having with FastVPN.
The corresponding pop-up will appear if there is a problem:
- Customer Support
- Terms of Service