FastVPN Windows App
setup starts with launching the app and signing into your Namecheap account or creating a new account:
Once you are logged in, enter payment details and confirm your purchase:
To install the app, you can use the link directly from the
FastVPN for Windows
page by clicking the Download
button in the Download VPN for Windows section:
Once the app is successfully installed, the FastVPN icon
will appear in the Windows bar. Click this icon and sign into your
existing Namecheap account:
Once signed in, you will see the FastVPN system tray icon with Compact mode:
Right click on the FastVPN icon in the tray menu for Compact mod
e. Under Compact mode
, you will have:
here you can connect to your favorite locations. Note that you will be
able to add your favorite location if you have not chosen any before:
From here you can connect to the "Best Available" location:
See All locations will redirect you to the expanded view with more options where you
can see all locations, add/remove the favorite country or city, connect
to country or city:
Here you can favorite a country:
Or favorite a city:
You can have multiple levels of connections, either connect at a country level:
Or connect to a city location:
Settings will redirect you to the expanded view where you will have more options:
Under General Settings,
you will have:
- Kill Switch - disconnects your internet connection when FastVPN is not available ensuring your online security.
Note: if Kill-Switch is turned on and you are not connected to
VPN, the ping information cannot be retrieved and you will need to:
1. Turn off Kill-Switch.
2. Connect to VPN.
3. Then turn back ON Kill-Switch.
- Startup - ensures the app is launched upon startup.
- Auto-Connect - ensures you are connected to the last connected location
automatically. Note: if you did not have a previous
location setup, it will be the "Best Available" location by default.
- About Fast VPN where you can check the app version.
- Customer Support - allows you to contact directly our Support Team by clicking the "Chat with a Live Person" link.
- Link to our Rules & Policies.
- Send Feedback - allows you to submit a feedback from the app.
- Sign out from the app.
- Quit App.
Under Protocol Settings,
you will have:
- IKEv2 - a 256-bit encryption, secure, stable and mobile-oriented protocol.
- OpenVPN - also a 256-bit encryption protocol. It has strong desktop support and requires third-party software.
- TCP (Transmission Control Protocol).
- High reliability compatibility.
- UDP (User Datagram Protocol).
- Best for slow connections and transmitting the time-sensitive data.
- Scramble function - allows you to add obfuscation capability to OpenVPN
in order to bypass network sensors that detect VPN usage in order to
- Install/Reinstall Tap Driver - installs the required third-party software for using OpenVPN.
Under Log Details, you will have:
- Track Your User Behavior - allows you privately turning on user tracking logs. They will be visible only to you.
- Data Consumption - allows you to track Downloads and Uploads.
- Log Details - improve your troubleshooting experience.
Send feedback allows you to submit feedback from the app.
- Customer Support
- Terms of Service