If you have just paid for an order using the wrong payment method, we can switch it using the process below:
1. Add the amount equal to the one charged for your recent order to your Namecheap account balance using your desired payment method.
2. Contact our Billing/Sales department via Live Chat or submit a ticket indicating your Namecheap account username, Support PIN code, and Order ID to be refunded.
3. Billing team will issue a refund for the initial order, and the amount you deposited as top up will be deducted to cover the cost of the order.Please note:
- If you paid with a credit or debit card, the amount should return to your balance within 2-10 business days.
- In case you used PayPal balance, the refund will be almost instant; if a card attached to your PayPal account was used, it may take up to 30 days for the money to return. More details can be found in this article.
We also have a guide on how to change the payment method during the checkout.