Configure iPad and iPhone VPN Settings for iOS
To add VPN to your iPhone or iPad, start on the Namecheap VPN page
, then select your desired plan:
Once you click Get Started, you will be prompted to sign in to your Namecheap account:
or to create a new account:
Once you logged in, enter payment details and confirm your purchase:
On your iPhone, iPad, or another iOS device, you will need to install the Namecheap VPN app from the Apple App Store
To add a new VPN configuration, hit Allow:
Once access is granted, you may either choose to connect to a server shown on the map, or let the service select the best VPN location (i.e., the location with the most preferable download speed, latency, and distance for a user).
The greater the distance is between you and the server, the greater the latency. This delay also depends on networking efficiency and quality of the routing devices.
Once on connect screen, you can:
1. Connect to the best location, directly using the Connect button:
2. You can also choose a desirable location from the list of all available locations or your pre-registered favorite list and click on a location to connect:
Once connected, the status will likewise be updated:
You can also add locations to Favorites by clicking the “star” icon, as shown below:
To sign out of the app, click on the Settings icon:
You also have the Always-On feature, this allows Namecheap VPN a secure connection automatically, so you would never forget it.
Once you turn Always-On you will see possible configurations:
- Trusted Cellular networks means that when Turned ON VPN will no longer need to remain connected.
- Trust all WiFi networks, while we do not recommend, means that you do not wish to auto-connect your iPhone or iPad to WiFi networks.
- Trusted WiFi networks are the WiFi networks that you trust or do already have a VPN connection on for which you do not want to use the Namecheap VPN.
- Blacklisted WiFI networks ensure you are on VPN protects you on those networks for which you do not trust.