Private Email account setup on iPhone
Follow these step-by-step instructions to set up your Namecheap Private Email account on your iPhone:
1. Go to Settings from your iPhone's home screen:
2. Choose Accounts & Passwords and click Add Account:
3. Choose Other from the list that appears:
4. Select Add Mail Account and enter the following records:
- Name - your name (will appear as sender's name)
- Email - your full Private Email address
- Password - the password for this email address
- Description - lets you specify any description (we suggest you use your email address)
5. Select protocol type: IMAP or POP3. We advise you to use IMAP. Your selection will be highlighted blue.
6. Settings are the same for both IMAP and POP3:
- Name, Email and Description: should have been already filled in
- Host name: mail.privateemail.com (same for all accounts)
- User Name: your Private Email address
- Password: password for your Private email
7. If you use IMAP, you can enable the following services:
Click Save and wait while the system completes necessary checks.
8. When the checks are done, you'll be redirected to the Accounts & Passwords screen. Choose your newly created account there:
9. Scroll down and select Advanced:
10. Here you can select additional settings for IMAP or POP3.
If you set IMAP connection, use port 993 (with SSL) or port 143 (without SSL).
If you chose POP3, you need to use port 995 (with SSL):
11. In order to set up additional settings for outgoing server, return to the previous menu and then go to Outgoing Mail Server by pressing on the hostname of the server. From the list of servers, select Primary Server:
12. For Outgoing Server (SMTP), select port 465 (with SSL) or port 587 (without SSL):
Once the settings are verified, your account will be active and ready to use.
To test your new email account, go to Mail and try sending and receiving emails.