How to reset root password for VPS
Root password for a VPS server can be reset by our Support Team or by using a VNC client.
VNC connection details can be found in Solus > VNC menu. Use this guide to find your VNC login details:
1. You can use any VNC client. In this guide we will use TightVNC.
After VNC client installation, run TightVNC server from Start > All Programs > TightVNC > TightVNC Server > Run TightVNC Server
2. Next, right-click the TightVNC Server icon in the tray > select Configuration:
3. Specify main server port in Incoming Viewer Connections section (use the one from the VNC settings in Solus):
4. Click Set Password button for Primary password to set the password (use the one from the VNC settings in Solus):
5. Click OK to apply changes and close the configuration window.
6. Next, open TightVNC Viewer from Start > All Programs > TightVNC
Enter IP address:port number you found in Solus VNC settings into Remote Host field in the following format:
111.222.333.444:5900 and click Connect:
7. You will be prompted to enter your VNC password:
8. If all the details were set correctly, VNC command window will open:
Need any help? Contact our HelpDesk