To enable https redirection follow these steps:
NOTE: we recommend making a backup of your website before proceeding with any changes. If your Opencart was installed using Softaculous, you may follow this guide to backup your installation.
1. Go to cPanel > Exclusive for Namecheap customers section > Namecheap SSL:
2. Next, click Installed via plugin and switch HTTPS Redirect toggle on:
NOTE: HTTPS redirect feature is available if the SSL certificate was installed via the Namecheap SSL plugin only. The certificate status must be 'Active'.
After creating the redirection, you may see a mixed content warning (no green lock) or the website may appear broken. This indicates that the page contains insecure resources.
To fix mixed content errors and get the green lock icon:
Go to cPanel > Files section > File Manager:
2. Navigate to the root folder of your domain (by default, it is public_html for the main domain and addondomain.tld for the addon domains). Right-click on the config.php file > Select Code Edit:
3. Change http to https in //HTTPS define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'http://yourdomain.com/') and save the changes:
4. Next, go to admin folder and edit the config.php file there. Change http to https in //HTTPS:
Save the changes.