To renew SSL, please follow the steps below:
- Purchase renewal SSL
- Activate renewal SSL
- Validate renewal SSL
- Install renewal SSL
Step 1: Purchase renewal SSL
The option to purchase a renewal for your SSL becomes available 30 days before its expiration. Renewal notifications are sent to the account email address 30, 15, 7, 3, and 1 day prior to expiration date.
You can add renewal for your SSL to your cart right from one of the renewal emails or from your Namecheap account.
Click “Renew now” from email, you’ll be redirected to cart. Once you complete the purchase, activate SSL and install it.
Namecheap account panel
- Log in to your Namecheap account;
- Navigate to 'Expiring/Expired' > 'Products' tab in your Namecheap account. Then click the cart icon next to the certificate you want to renew. You will be redirected to cart.
Activate renewal SSL
- Generate a new CSR code from your hosting control panel or contact your hosting provider for assistance.
- Go to the Domain List section. Choose the ‘All Products’ filter option.
- Type in the domain linked to the SSL you want to renew into the search area.
- Click on the arrow next to the domain of the certificate. Locate the certificate that it displays the status 'NEWRENEWAL'. Click on the Activate button next to it:
You will get to the same activation flow as for the expiring SSL.
Validate renewal SSL
Complete the DCV using the method you’ve chosen during activation:
- Email validation.
- HTTP validation.
- DNS-based validation.
If you’re renewing an OV or EV, certificate authority may request company re-validation, which requires paperwork.
Important for OV/EV owners:
To speed up OV/EV issuance, please make sure that legal company info you submit during activation is identical to public listings (DnB, Bloomberg, qualified governmental information sources).
Install renewal SSL
To install renewal SSL please refer to SSL installation guide or contact your hosting provider for assistance.