How do I register personal nameservers for my domain?
If you would like to run your own nameserver, you can associate your nameserver's IP address with a personal nameserver using the Personal DNS Servers option in your Namecheap account.
You can input the nameserver name and IP address through your account, and this information will be submitted to the Registry.
Your private nameservers for your domain can be registered in the following way:
1. Sign into your Namecheap account (The Sign In option is available in the top hat of the page).
2. Mouse over the Account option in the upper right corner of the page and choose Domain List or select the Domain List menu in the left sidebar:
3. Click on the Manage option in front of the domain name:
4. Click on the Advanced DNS tab and find the Personal DNS Servers section > click on the Add Nameserver button:
5. Select the hostname of your server from the drop-down menu for Nameserver and assign an IPv4 IP address to it:
6. After that, click on the Done button.
NOTE 1: Currently, it is possible to register a server with an IPv4 address only through the Namecheap interface. If you would like to register it with an IPv6 address, please contact our Support Team for assistance.NOTE 2: This will not automatically point your domain name to the registered nameservers. If you need to switch your domain to these DNS, follow this guide for more details.
NOTE 3: Once you’ve registered your nameservers, please do not forget to create the corresponding A records for them in your domain name zone file. This can be done in the DNS or Zone Management menu of your hosting control panel. You might need to contact your hosting company for assistance with setting up the records.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact our Support Team.