How can I change the nameservers for my domain?
In order to change the nameservers for your domain, do the following:
1. Sign in to your Namecheap account (Sign In option is available in the top hat of the page).
2. Select Domain List from the left side menu and click on Manage button next to your domain:
3. Find Nameservers section and select the needed option from the drop-down menu. Save changes using the corresponding icon:
Here you can choose one of four possible variants:
- Namecheap Default - if you wish to point your domain to our default nameservers (v2):
- Namecheap Backup - if you wish to point your domain to our default nameservers (v1):
- Namecheap Shared Hosting - if you have a shared hosting with us and wish to point your domain to our shared hosting nameservers:
- Custom - if you wish to point your domain to custom nameservers (for instance, your Personal DNS servers or to the third-party hosting nameservers if your domain is hosted with another DNS provider.
NOTE: Do *not* select ‘Namecheap Shared Hosting’ or input dns1.namecheaphosting.com/ dns2.namecheaphosting.com nameservers unless you have a Shared Hosting Plan with us.
Once the name servers are changed, these changes are not accepted instantly all over the world. It may take up to 24 hours (in rare cases more) for local ISPs to update their DNS cache, so that everyone can see your website.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact our Support Team.