To add a subscription for a domain registered with another Registrar, follow these steps:
1. Go to Namecheap.com and mouse over the Domains or Security buttons. Select the PremiumDNS option from the drop-down menu:
2. Add a subscription to the Shopping Cart using the Add to Cart button:
3. Select Use a domain I own from another registrar from the options mentioned below:
NOTE: For now, DNSSEC cannot be enabled for third-party domains using PremiumDNS.
4. Now you need to enter a domain name into the corresponding field or choose from the domains that are already located in your Namecheap account. Click Select and then click on the Continue button on the right:
5. Select the number of years the subscription is purchased for:
NOTE: You can purchase a PremiumDNS subscription for a custom domain for up to 10 years.
It is also possible to change the Auto-renew status for the subscription (1), save this item for later (2) or remove it from the Shopping Cart (3) using the corresponding options:
6. Confirm the order and check the items added to the Shopping Cart on the next page. Once you’ve done so, proceed by clicking on the Pay Now button:
7. Congratulations! The order has been completed, now you need to activate PremiumDNS by pointing your domain to the following nameservers at your Registrar side:
You may contact your Registrar for better assistance with this.
We will then try to verify if you have pointed correctly the domain name to our nameservers by continuously monitoring your domain's DNS settings. The PremiumDNS service will be activated once we make sure everything is set properly.
NOTE: It is possible to create host records for such domain names prior to switching to the PremiumDNS nameservers to reduce downtime. This can be done in a regular way in the Advanced DNS tab:
If you have any questions, feel free to contact our Support Team.