How do I link my domain to my Weebly account
When you sign up for a free Weebly account, you can create and publish your sites absolutely free. When you publish a free Weebly site, it will automatically get its own site address (URL), like http://test.weebly.com/.
If you would like to connect your own domain (a domain is a site address that you own, for example, www.mydomain.tld), you will first have to upgrade your plan to a paid one that includes using your own domain.
If you already have a paid Weebly account, you can map it to your Weebly site following these steps (note that your domain should be pointed to our BasicDNS, BackupDNS (a legacy option) or PremiumDNS. Otherwise, you will need to make changes on the side of your hosting/DNS provider):
1. Sign into your Namecheap account (The Sign In option is available in the top hat of the page).
2. Select Domain List from the left sidebar and click on the Manage button in front of your domain name:
3. Click on the Advanced DNS tab and find the Host records section > click on the Add New Record button (not able to edit Host Records?):
4. Now add two A records for @ and www hostnames pointing to 188.8.131.52 IP address:
Optionally, you can use 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124; you can use whichever of these you feel like using. They all function the same way and they all work properly. If you find this confusing, just use the 126.96.36.199 IP. It ultimately doesn't matter.
5. Save changes using the corresponding green button. Normally, it takes 30 minutes for newly created host records to take effect.
NOTE: It might take up to 48 hours for these changes to fully propagate on the Weebly side. During that time the website may not be available.
6. All newly registered domains are pointed to the default parking page automatically (two first records in the screenshot below). The connection is configured with the help of URL Redirect and a CNAME record. Make sure that these records are removed and no other URL Redirect (Unmasked/Masked/Permanent Redirect), A or CNAME records created for @ or www hosts.
Here is the example of conflicting records that should be removed:
After your settings have been activated, you need to make sure Weebly knows about your custom domain so that it can direct visitors to your site.
Just log into your Weebly account and follow these instructions:
7. Click on the Edit button next to your site;
8. Select Settings located at the top;
9. Click Change for Site Address;
10. Select Connect a domain you already own and enter your domain name;
11. Hit Continue.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact our Support Team.