The following is required to set up OpenVPN on iOS:
- A secure FastVPN connection, if you do not have one - sign up here.
- Access to your FastVPN account panel in order to get your network credentials.
- OpenVPN Connect app (which you can get for your iPhone or iPad from App Store).
Once OpenVPN Connect is installed and ready to go, to complete the configuration, upload a config file that defines the settings or preferences for the OpenVPN connection.
You can download all of the config files for all of our servers directly from here
or from the FastVPN Account panel
Extract preferred servers from downloaded groupedServerList.zip or ServerListUDP.zip/ServerListTCP.zip:
Note: You can also perform the above steps on your PC and send the OVPN config files as attachments to your email address that you can access on your iOS device.
Set up OpenVPN Connect on iOS
: The instructions below are for the OpenVPN Connect app
. If you’re using another application, you will follow similar steps but there will likely be slightly different user interfaces.
1. Download the OpenVPN Connect app
from the App Store.
2. Install the downloaded OpenVPN Connect app
on your iOS device.
3. Launch the OpenVPN Connect and select Agree button as shown below:
4. Select a preferred OpenVPN config and open it with OpenVPN app:
5. To import profile select Add button:
6. Once the profile is successfully imported, you will reach the Imported Profile. Provide your FastVPN Username and check the "Save password " button to enable the Password field.
Enter your FastVPN password and tap the Connect
button. FastVPN username and password
are available from the FastVPN Account Panel
7. You will see a pop-up asking for permission to add OpenVPN to your VPN configurations. Click Allow:
8. You will be connected to FastVPN through the OpenVPN Connect app as shown below. Your connection status will be displayed under the Connection Stats:
9. Tap the slide button to disconnect the VPN. Click the Confirm button to confirm the disconnection:
10. If you wish to add another server, follow steps 4-7.
Should you need any further assistance, please contact our Support Team