SiteLock is a website security and monitoring tool that eliminates cyber threats and keeps websites safe and secure.
Here you will learn how to provide SiteLock with access to your website files with EasyWP Managed WordPress Hosting. If you are configuring SiteLock for a website hosted on our Shared Hosting, please refer to this guide.
First, you need to enable SFTP access. This requires your SFTP username, password, and hostname.
NOTE: You will need to turn on SFTP access forever for SiteLock to work with EasyWP:
Once you have enabled SFTP, take these steps:
- Log in to your SiteLock dashboard, click on the SMART card, and press the Configure button:
NOTE: The free Scan plan does not have a Smart Wizard option.
- Fill in the configuration form with the details of your FTP account:
Method for File Transfers: SFTP
FTP Host or IP address: your SFTP hostname from EasyWP Dashboard or IP address
(S)FTP Port Number: 22
User ID: your SFTP account username from EasyWP Dashboard
Password: your SFTP account password from EasyWP Dashboard
- Select Test Connection and go to Step 2. You will see a list of folders present in your hosting account:
- Leave the Root Directory field empty and click This is it.
- You will see the following pop-up window:
- Select SMART Settings, from the menu navigate to the SMART Database (SMART/DB) Settings to update platform access settings:
- Make sure all fields on the page are completed correctly, then click Next.
- On Step 2, you will be asked to check the FTP details:
Click Test Connection.
- On Step 3, do not select any folders:
- Click This is it. The following pop-up window will appear:
- Click Continue to proceed further. You will see the Feature Status confirmation window: