Once you click Get started, you will be prompted to sign into your Namecheap account or to create a new account:
Once you are logged in, enter payment details and confirm your purchase of the FastVPN application:
To install the app, you can use the link directly from the FastVPN for Mac
page by clicking the Download on App Store
button in the Download VPN for MacOS section:
Once the app is successfully installed, the FastVPN icon will appear in the menu bar. Click this icon and sign into your existing Namecheap account:
Once signed in, you will see the FastVPN system tray icon with Compact mode:
Under Compact mode
, you will have:
- Best Available
From here you can connect to the "Best Available" location:
The next step allows FastVPN to be added to the VPN configurations on your Mac. Click Allow to proceed:
Once confirmed, you will be asked twice to enter your Mac user password in order to modify your settings. Click Always Allow:
From here you can connect to your favorite locations. Note that you will be able to add your favorite location if you have not chosen any before:
Show FastVPN will redirect you to the expanded view with more options where you
can see all locations, add/remove the favorite country or city, connect
to country or city:
Here you can favorite a country:
Or favorite a city:
You can have multiple levels of connections, either connect at a country level:
Or connect to a city location:
Settings will redirect you to the expanded view where you will have more options:
Under General Settings, you will have:
- Auto-Protect option - it will always keep your traffic protected when you use the Internet on your device.
- Network detection notification - will ask to connect to VPN upon a new network detection.
- Trusted WiFi networks - allows you to add a current network to trusted. Trusted WiFi networks are the WiFi networks that you trust or do already have a VPN connection on, for which you do not want to use the FastVPN.
- Theme Appearance allows you to choose light or dark themes for the FastVPN app or automatically adjust the theme from light to dark during the day.
- About FastVPN section with the version number of the app that you are using.
you will have:
- Delete account.
- Sign Out.
Under Protocol Settings, you will have:
IKEv2 - a secure, stable and mobile-oriented protocol. It is faster than other protocols but only supported on limited platforms.
Under Log Details, you will have:
- The Track Your User Behavior option that allows you privately turning on user tracking logs. They will be visible only to you.
- Data Consumption section that allows you to track Downloads and Uploads.
- Log Details section to improve your troubleshooting experience.
Under Notifications, you will be notified of important announcements and alerts:
Under Get Help
you will have:
- Send Feedback - allows you to submit feedback from the app.
- Frequently Asked Questions - to access our knowledgebase.
- Customer Support - allows you to contact our support directly by clicking the “Chat with a Live Person” link.
Under Terms and Policies
you will have:
- Terms of Service.
- Send feedback allows you to submit feedback from the app.
In case of failure in using the FastVPN application, you will be
able to send a Problem Report to let us know about the issues you are
having with FastVPN.
The corresponding pop-up will appear if there is a problem:
- Customer Support
- Terms of Service