If your domain is pointed to Bluehost nameservers, feel free to follow these steps to create Private Email DNS records:
1. Log into your Bluehost account.
2. Go to the Domains menu:
3. On the right side from your domain name, click on Manage and choose DNS from the drop-down menu:
4. Here you are in the DNS Manager tab. Scroll down to the MX (Mail Exchanger) menu and add the following MX records using the Add Record option:
Type: MX | Host record: @ | Points to: mx1.privateemail.com | Priority: 10 | TTL: 4 Hours(min)
Type: MX | Host record: @ | Points to: mx2.privateemail.com | Priority: 10 | TTL: 4 Hours(min)
5. Don’t forget to check that there are no extra MX records except Private Email ones.
If you see any, feel free to remove it clicking on the trash icon.
Make sure that in the Advanced Settings option, Mail exchanger is set up to Remote. For this, Remote Mail Exchange should be marked:
Or the Automatically Detect Configuration (remote) option:
6. Also, SPF and DKIM records should be added. SPF (Sender Policy Framework) DNS record is used to protect a domain name from email forging and impersonating by preventing spammers from sending emails on one's behalf. DKIM (DomainKeys Identified Mail) should be considered a method to verify that the content of the messages is trustworthy, meaning that it hasn't changed from the moment the message left the initial mail server. Type: TXT | Host record: default._domainkey | TXT Value: should be generated and copied using this guide | TTL: 4 hours(min)
Scroll down to the TXT (Text) menu and create two TXT records with the following settings:
Type: TXT | Host record: @ | TXT value: v=spf1 include:spf.privateemail.com ~all | TTL: 4 hours(min)
7. It is possible to add CNAME and SRV records too. They aren’t essential (as they will not affect email delivery itself) and can be skipped:
Type: CNAME | Host record: mail | Points to: privateemail.com |TTL: 4 hours(min)
Type: CNAME | Host record: autoconfig | Points to: privateemail.com |TTL: 4 hours(min)
Type: CNAME | Host record: autodiscover | Points to: privateemail.com | TTL: 4 hours(min)
Type: SRV | Service: _autodiscover | Protocol: _tcp | Host: @ | Priority: 0
Weight: 0 | Port: 443 | Target: privateemail.com | TTL: 4 hours(min)
Allow up to 4 hours for the DNS records to propagate.