How to Duplicate a Database using phpMyAdmin
To duplicate the database follow these steps:
1. Log into cPanel > Databases section > phpMyAdmin menu:
2. Select the database from the list on the left and click the Operations option from the top bar:
3. On the next step, you need to specify a name for the new duplicate database in the Copy database to field.
Make sure the following options are selected:
'Structure and Data'
'CREATE DATABASE before copying'
'Add AUTO_INCREMENT value'
and then click the Go button:
4. Once the process is completed, you will see a message and the new database will appear in the list of the databases on the left side:
It’s also possible to copy the database manually. You need to follow these steps:
1. Log into cPanel > Databases section > MySQL Databases menu:
2. Create a new database following this article. We will use “nctests_wp952_copy2” database as the newly created one.
3. Once the database is created, navigate to phpMyAdmin menu:
4. Choose the database that you need to copy. (to select the tables, checkmark Check All under the tables) > click Export option from the top bar:
5. Select Export Method: Quick and Format: SQL
The selected database will be saved to your computer.
6. After that, select the newly created database from the left side of phpMyAdmin and click Import from the top bar:
7. Select the exported sql file from your computer using the Browse button and then click the Go button:
8. Once done, you will see a notification that your database was successfully imported and all the tables will appear in the new database:
NOTE: Maximum size of the database that can be imported in phpMyAdmin is 50MB. Larger databases have to be imported/exported via SSH.