How to point a domain to Sitesuite
If your domain is pointed to our BasicDNS, BackupDNS (a legacy option), PremiumDNS or FreeDNS, you can easily connect it to your SiteSuite.com website following these steps:
1. Sign in to your Namecheap account.
2. Select Domain List from the left sidebar and click on the Manage button next to your domain:
3. Go to the Advanced DNS tab >> find the Host records section (are you unable to edit host records?) >> click on the Add New Record button:
4. Here you need to create several host records for your domain.
However, the values for these records depend on the subdomain you would like to associate with your SiteSuite funnel:
(a) To have the www.yourdomain.tld subdomain pointed to SiteSuite, you should create the following records:
URL Redirect Record for @ to forward to http://www.[yourdomain.tld]
CNAME Record for www pointed to sitesuite.com
(b) To use any other subdomain, such as funnel.yourdomain.tld, for instance (you are free to choose any subdomain you like), you will need to set up the following records:
URL Redirect Record for @ to forward to http://funnel.[yourdomain.tld]
CNAME Record for the subdomain in question (an example shows the “funnel” subdomain) which should be pointed to sitesuite.com:
5. Save all changes.
6. Make sure that there are no conflicting records set for the same Host. You need to pay attention to the records of the following types: URL Redirect (Unmasked/Masked/Permanent Redirect), A or CNAME.
For example, you might need to check whether URL redirect and CNAME records that link your domain to the default parking page are still listed on the page.
Here is an example of conflicting host records:
7. Wait about 30 minutes for the changes to come into the effect.
Once the records in your Namecheap account are well set, we can proceed with adding the domain on the SiteSuite side.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact our Support Team.