How to point a domain to Sitesuite
If your domain is pointed to our BasicDNS, BackupDNS (a legacy option), PremiumDNS or FreeDNS, you can easily connect it to your SiteSuite.com website following these steps:
1. Sign into your Namecheap account with your username and password (The Sign In option is available in the top hat of the page).
2. Select Domain List from the left sidebar and click on the Manage button next to your domain:
3. Navigate the Advanced DNS tab on the top of the page:
4. Find the Host records section (not able to edit Host Records?). In this section, you need to create several host records for your domain.
However, the values for these records depend on the subdomain you would like to associate with your SiteSuite funnel:
(a) To have the www.yourdomain.tld subdomain pointed to SiteSuite, you should create the following records:
URL Redirect Record for @ to forward to http://www.[yourdomain.tld]
CNAME Record for www pointed to sitesuite.com
(b) To use any other subdomain, such as funnel.yourdomain.tld, for instance (you are free to choose any subdomain you like), you will need to set up the following records:
URL Redirect Record for @ to forward to http://funnel.[yourdomain.tld]
CNAME Record for the subdomain in question (an example shows the “funnel” subdomain) which should be pointed to sitesuite.com:
5. Save the changes.
6. Make sure that there are no conflicting records set for the same Host. You need to pay attention to the records of the following types: URL Redirect (Unmasked/Masked/Permanent Redirect), A or CNAME.
For example, you might need to check whether URL redirect and CNAME records that link your domain to the default parking page are still listed on the page.
Here is an example of conflicting host records:
7. Wait about 30 minutes (DNS propagation usually takes about 30 minutes).
Now that the records in your Namecheap.com account are well set, we can move on to adding the domain to SiteSuite:
8. You will need to log into your SiteSuite account and go to your Account Settings.
9. Once you are in the Account Settings section, please select the Domains tab and click on the “Add domain (+)” button:
10. You will then be prompted to enter your domain name. Please make sure to enter www.yourdomainname.tld in the corresponding field and click on the “Add This Domain” button:
NOTE: It is vital that you use www.yourdomain.tld. Otherwise, your domain may not work properly.
11. Please click on the “Ok I’ve Done that” button on the page that appears next (since the required DNS records are created in your Namecheap account already):
12. If you go to your Account settings >> Domains now, you should see that the status of your domain name is “Ready”:
You may also come across a case where the domain status is reflected as “Not Ready”.
It can mean either of the following:
1) The DNS records for the domain name have not updated yet (DNS propagation may take more than 30 minutes).
2) The DNS records for the domain should be corrected. Please get in touch with our Support Team so that we could double-check the records created on our side in this case.
13. Congratulations if you've reached this step! Feel free to publish your site in the SiteSuite account now!
If you have any questions, feel free to contact our Support Team.