How to set up Zoho email for my domain?
If you have purchased a domain name at Namecheap and would like to link it to your Zoho email – this article is just for you!
Zoho Mail Suite provides enterprise Email Hosting features, which suits the requirements of organizations of different types and sizes. The entire process is simple, and you can get a custom domain-based email address for all the members of the organization with no downtime.
It is possible to set it up from Namecheap's side for domains that are using our BasicDNS, BackupDNS (a legacy option), PremiumDNS or FreeDNS following these steps:1. Sign in to your Namecheap account.
2. Select Domain List from the left sidebar and click on the Manage button next to your domain name:
3. Click on the Advanced DNS tab and find the Host records section. Then click on the Add New Record button (are you unable to edit host records?):
You need to create one CNAME Record.
Fill the Host field with the code zb******** generated in the Zoho Control Panel. In the Value field, enter zmverify.zoho.com:
Press Save All Changes to confirm the settings.
4. After the domain is verified, it is required to create MX Records for it in order to link the domain to the mail service itself.
- In the same Advanced DNS tab, scroll down to the Mail Settings area and select Custom MX from the drop-down:
- In the fields that will appear, enter the following MX Records:
@ | mx.zoho.com. | 10
@ | mx2.zoho.com. | 20
@ | mx3.zoho.com. | 50
- Apply the MX records by pressing the Save All Changes button:
Normally, the changes should take effect within 30 minutes.
5. You may also need to configure the DKIM record and the SPF record as well which could be checked in your Zoho Control Panel.
In your Namecheap account, go to the Advanced DNS tab >> click Add New Record >> select TXT Record as the record type, fill the Host field with the symbol @ and enter v=spf1 include:zoho.com ~all into the Value field.
Click Add New Record once again, select TXT Record as the record type, enter zoho._domainkey into the Host field (if zoho was entered as the selector in Zoho Control Panel) and enter the corresponding value of the DKIM record, the one that was copied from the TXT record value field in your Zoho account, into the Value field:
Click Save All Changes.
These changes will take effect within 30 minutes.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact our Support Team.