If you decided to sign up for a free Tictail account, you will be able to create and publish your store absolutely free. Plus, it will automatically get its own site address (URL): http://yourdomain.tictail.com.
In order to associate your domain name purchased from Namecheap with Tictail, for example, www.yourdomain.tld, you will first have to purchase a custom domain app required to link your store to a custom domain name.
If you already have a custom domain app with Tictail, the domain should be verified with Tictail and properly configured on Namecheap’s side. Your domain should be pointed to our BasicDNS, PremiumDNS or FreeDNS, otherwise, you will need to make changes on the side of your hosting/DNS provider.
To link your domain to Tictail, please perform the following actions:
1. Sign in to your Namecheap account.
2. Select Domain List from the left sidebar and click on the Manage button next to your domain name:
3. Click on the Advanced DNS tab and find the Host records section. Then click on the Add New Record button (are you unable to edit host records?):
4. Configure A Records for @ and www pointing to 126.96.36.199 IP address:
5. Save changes using the corresponding button.
Normally, it takes 30 minutes for newly created host records to take effect.
6. After your settings have been activated, you need to make sure Tictail knows about your custom domain so that it can direct visitors to your site.
You will need to log into your Tictail account and proceed with the changes there.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact our Support Team.