How to point a domain to 500px
If your domain is using our BasicDNS, BackupDNS (a legacy option) or PremiumDNS nameservers, you can easily connect it with your 500 px portfolio following these steps:
1. Sign into your Namecheap account with your username and password (The Sign In option is available in the top hat of the page).
2. Select Domain List from the left sidebar and click on the Manage button next to your domain:
3. Click on the Advanced DNS tab and find the Host records section, then click on the Add New Record button (not able to edit Host Records?):
4. In this section, you need to create two records for your domain:
A record for @ and A record for www, both pointing to 500px IP address which is 22.214.171.124:
5. Once all details are inserted, save them using the Save changes green icon.
Make sure that there are no conflicting records set for the same Host.
If there are any conflicting records, please remove them. You need to pay attention to the records of the following types: URL Redirect (Unmasked/Masked/Permanent Redirect), A or CNAME.
For example, you need to check if you might have such records as URL redirect and CNAME for the default parking page.
Here is an example of conflicting host records:
Now you can continue the domain setup in your 500px account:
- Sign into your 500px account:
- Mouse over your username in the upper right corner and select Portfolios from the drop-down menu:
- Click on Edit your portfolio:
- Scroll down to the Custom domain section and enter your domain name into the Domain field. Once done, click on Save and Publish:
It may take up to 30 minutes for the changes to come into effect. Afterwards, your website will be visible to everyone.
That is it!
If you have any questions, feel free to contact our Support Team.