How do I link my domain to GitHub Pages
If your domain is pointed to our BasicDNS
(a legacy option), PremiumDNS
, feel free to use these instructions to link a domain to your GitHub Pages account:
1. Sign in to your Namecheap account.
2. Select Domain List from the left sidebar and click on the Manage button next to your domain name:
3. Click on the Advanced DNS tab and find the Host records section. Then click on the Add New Record button (are you unable to edit host records?):
Here you will need to create several records for your domain:
- A record for @ pointing to 188.8.131.52
- A record for @ pointing to 184.108.40.206
- A record for @ pointing to 220.127.116.11
- A record for @ pointing to 18.104.22.168
- CNAME record for www pointing to your username.github.io (the username should be replaced with your actual GitHub account username):
Once all details are inserted, save them using the Save All Changes green button.
Normally, it takes 30 minutes for newly-created records to take effect.
4. Make sure that there are no conflicting records set for the same host and remove them, if there are any. The records you need to check may be of URL Redirect (Unmasked/Masked/Permanent Redirect), A or CNAME record types.
Here is the example of the conflicting records:
If you have any questions, feel free to contact our Support Team. They're available 24/7 for you.