This guide will help you to link your domain registered with Namecheap to your Squarespace account in a few clicks.
This article is for you if your domain is pointed to our BasicDNS
. If your domain is using other nameservers, it’s necessary to make changes on the side of your hosting/DNS provider.
PLEASE NOTE: If you have a trial Squarespace subscription, please make
sure to upgrade it within 14 days after the purchase as your website
will not be accessible once the subscription expires.
1. Sign in
to your Namecheap account
2. Select Domain List from the left navigation sidebar and click on the Manage button that appears in front of your domain name:
3. Now click on the Advanced DNS
tab and locate the Host Records
section. Use the Add New Record
button to add the required records (are you unable to edit host records?
Here you will need to create 6 host records for your domain name that are to be obtained from your Squarespace account:
- A record for @ pointing to 18.104.22.168
- A record for @ pointing to 22.214.171.124
- A record for @ pointing to 126.96.36.199
- A record for @ pointing to 188.8.131.52
- CNAME record for www pointing to ext-cust.squarespace.com
- CNAME record for
a unique string pointing to verify.squarespace.com
Here is how the settings should look like:
Once all details are inserted, save them using the Save all changes green button.
The changes may take up to 30 minutes to propagate globally. Still, it can take up 24 to 72 hours
for the connection to start working properly.