Do you provide privacy protection for .CA domains?
Unfortunately, due to the registry restrictions, it’s not possible to use WhoisGuard on .CA domains.
However, if you are registering your domain as an Individual, you can opt out of having your personal details listed in the CIRA's Whois. The following legal types allow selecting the "Hide registrant data in CIRA WHOIS" option during the checkout:
- Canadian citizen who is ordinarily resident in Canada;
- Permanent resident falling under the definition provided in the Immigration Act (CA);
- Aboriginal peoples;
- Legal representative.
If you already have your domain(s) registered at Namecheap with any of the above mentioned legal types, you can hide your contact details in Whois in the following way:
1. Sign into your Namecheap account (The Sign In option is available in the top hat of the page).
2. Select Domain List from the left sidebar and click on the Manage button next to your domain:
3. Scroll down to the Domain Contacts section and click Edit for Extended Attributes:
4. Choose Yes from the drop-down menu for Hide Registrant Data in CIRA Whois and click on the Save changes button:
If you wish to hide the registrant data in Whois for a domain which was registered less than 60 days ago, please submit a ticket and we will manually process your request.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact our Support Team.