To be sure that the certificate has been installed correctly and working properly, as well as that your customers are certain a secured connection is enabled and it covers data transmission through your website, you have the following indicators:
- A padlock icon available in the URL bar.
- No error messages/ warnings occurred when connecting through https://yourdomain.tld.
- A Site Seal provided by the Certificate Authority installed and visible.
To have all these factors boosting up your visitors’ confidence you need to:
- Install a validated certificate received from the Certificate Authority according to the instructions.
- Check installation of the certificate using one of these checkers: sslchecker, certlogic, Comodo checker, SSLLabs.
- Make sure that there is an automatic redirect from http://yourdomain.tld to https://yourdomain.tld (if needed).
- Check that port 443 is open.
- Avoid displaying any insecure content here.
- Install a Site Seal following instructions.
You can find SSL installation instructions here.