How to configure ActiveSync (Exchange) account on iPhone
This tutorial shows you how to synchronize e–mails, contacts and appointments of your Namecheap Private Email account on iPhone. We will use a test email account email@example.com in this guide.
NOTE 1: before setting up email account this way, make sure you already have required DNS records and mailbox created.
NOTE 2: take into account that synchronizing with mobile devices is available only for Business and Business Office packages only.
1. Go to your device's Settings:
2. Select Mail, Contacts, Calendars and choose Add Account option:
3. From listed options, select Exhange:
4. Now you need to enter your full email address, server name, exchange username then enter your account password:
Email: your full email address (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Username: your full email address (email@example.com)
Password: one from your Namecheap Private Email email account
Description: any description you like to use for this account
5. System will verify your account's settings:
Here you can check and edit settings as well.
6. Once account is created, you will be able to choose additional settings of the exchange account.
It is possible to enable synchronization for the following services:
Now you can create create note in your calendar from web-mail interface at privateemail.com or your synchronized gadget.
Below you can find the list of the supported features available for iPhone.
- Address book
- Email via Exchange ActiveSync
- Replying to invitations via email client for third party(non Namecheap Private Email) users (external participants)
- Responses to invitations via email client for NC Private Email users (webmail only)
Need any help? Contact our HelpDesk