How can I enable/disable Two-Factor Authentication?
Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) adds an extra layer of security to your Namecheap account in addition to your username and password by requiring access to the phone number associated with your account. When Two-Factor Authentication is enabled, your account cannot be accessed by anyone unauthorized by you, even if they have stolen your password.
Two-Factor Authentication is an option we offer to our customers at no extra charge.To enable Two-Factor Authentication, please follow the steps below:
- Sign in to your Namecheap account.
- Select Profile from the left >> choose Security.
- In the Access section, you will see Two-Factor Authentication. Click the Manage button to proceed with the feature enabling:
- On the next page you will be requested to add your phone number:
- Contact Name - enter the name for this Two-Factor Authentication method.
- Phone Number - enter your phone number, selecting your country code from the drop-down list.
- Namecheap Password - enter your Namecheap account password for authorization.
You can add another phone number by clicking on Add new number and repeating the steps above.
- Once completed, click Next to submit the changes.
Here you go! The Two-Factor Authentication feature was successfully enabled:
You also have an option to upgrade to OneTouch (method to approve authentication requests via the Namecheap app). More information about this feature and how to use it can be found in the "How can I use the OneTouch method for Two-Factor Authentication?" article.
Should you want to disable the feature at all, go to Profile >> Security >> Two-Factor Authentication >> Manage and set it to OFF:
If you have any questions, feel free to contact our Support Team.