When you publish a free Tumblr site, it will automatically get its own site address (URL), e.g., myaddress.tumblr.com.
If your domain name is pointed to our BasicDNS, PremiumDNS or FreeDNS, you can connect it to your Tumblr site following these steps:
1. Sign in to your Namecheap account.
2. Select Domain List from the left sidebar and click on the Manage button next to your domain name:
3. Click on the Advanced DNS tab and find the Host records section. Then click on the Add New Record button (are you unable to edit host records?):
If you already have a record set up, simply click on it to modify the value:
4. Configure the following records if you want to use a bare domain for your website, e.g., yourdomain.tld:
- A record for @ pointing to 18.104.22.168
- CNAME record for www pointing to domains.tumblr.com
Use the "Save All Changes" button to make sure the records are saved.
If you want to use any subdomain for your website, for example, blog.yourdomain.tld, the following CNAME record should be added to your current records:
5. Click on the Save all changes button once done.
Normally, it takes 30 minutes for newly created records to take effect.
After your settings have been activated, you need to make sure Tumblr knows about your custom domain so that it can direct visitors to your site. Just log into your Tumblr account and proceed with the changes in it.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact our Support Team.