Before submitting a transfer request with us, you will need to unlock your domain by turning off the Domain Protection feature, and Request a domain Authorization Code (sometimes referred to as an "Auth code" or "EPP code").
1. How to unlock your domain and obtain an Auth code from Network Solutions:
Note: It may take up to 2-3 days for the Auth Code to be emailed to you. If you do not receive a code, please contact Network Solutions support.
- Login to your Network Solutions account;
- Under the My Products and Services tab, click on My Domain Names:
- Click Manage next to the domain name (or, if you have only one domain, you may continue directly to the next step);
- Scroll down to the Details section, select Turn Off or Request Authorization in the Domain Protect row:
- Check the box that you acknowledge the warning and click Continue Transfer;
- From the drop-down menu, select Request Authorization Code;
- Select Leave Domain Transfer Lock Off, check the box for Request Authorization Code and click Save:
Once the domain name is unlocked and you have received your Auth code, you may initiate a transfer to Namecheap. Please refer to this article
for more information on how to transfer a domain to us.