An SSL reissue is done to keep your site secure and private if it is moved, or some information on your SSL was changed. The reissue allows you to get a brand-new certificate code.
The most typical reasons for certificate reissuance are:
- The existing certificate cannot be installed on the server. For example, if the Private key (RSA Key) is lost/deleted or a "modulus mismatch" error appears during installation;
- The website has been moved to another web hosting server;
- Changing the hostnames secured by the certificate;
- Changes made to the organization details listed in the OV/EV certificate (only within 45 days since the initial certificate issuance);
- Use the remaining validity of your SSL if you purchased it for 2-5 years.