Why would I need to reissue my certificate?
An SSL reissue is done to keep your site secure and private if it is moved, or some information on your SSL was changed. The reissue allows you to get a brand-new certificate code.
The most typical reasons for certificate reissuance are:
- The existing certificate cannot be installed on the server. For example, if the Private key (RSA Key) is lost/deleted or a "modulus mismatch" error appears during installation;
- The website has been moved to another web hosting server;
- Changing the hostnames secured by the certificate;
- Changes made to the organization details listed in the certificate;
- Use the remaining validity of your SSL if you purchased it for 3-5 years.