Why would I need to reissue my certificate?
Reissue is done to keep your certificate secure and private if it is moved, or some information on your SSL was changed - the reissue allows you to get a brand-new certificate code.
Only an “Active” SSL certificate can be reissued. The most typical reasons for certificate reissuance are the following ones:
- Private key (RSA Key) is lost/deleted or a “modulus mismatch” error appeared during installation;
- The website moved to another web hosting server;
- Change of the common name in the Certificate;
- Change of the organization name listed in the certificate;
- Some outage or bug occurring that affects the currently active certificate.