Standard transfer requirements which are true for all gTLDs
and for the majority of ccTLDs
are not applicable to .UK:
1) .UK domains can be transferred within 60 days after registration or a previous transfer;
2) .UK domains do NOT support Transfer Lock;
3) .UK domains do NOT support Auth/EPP code;
To transfer your .UK domain to Namecheap, you need to change its IPS tag
to ENOM at the current registrar (you may do it either in your account with them or by contacting their support) and purchase the transfer at Namecheap.
Keep in mind that .UK domains have a special renewal policy
1. If a .UK domain is close to its expiration date (i.e., it will expire within 3 months
), and a transfer is initiated, the money we charged for the transfer will be used to renew the domain for 1 year.
2. If a .UK domain is transferred earlier than 3 months before its expiration date
, its transfer should be free, and the domain will not be renewed during the transfer. Such a transfer order will be refunded to your Namecheap account balance automatically after the transfer completion.