How do I prevent my account from being hacked?
There are some tips that will help you to secure your account:
- Use a strong password for your account;
- Change your password regularly;
- Do not save your password to any system when the browser alerts to save the password;
- Enable Two-Factor Authentication for your Namecheap account;
- Do not disclose login details to another person. If you need to provide somebody with the access to certain domains, you can appoint them to be managers of selected domains;
- Enable Security Notifications. You will be receiving emails every time when someone logs in or performs any changes within your account.
If someone gains access to your account in spite of all these precautions, immediately contact our Risk Management department.