In order to use your card for auto-renewal, you need to:
To add your desired card(s) to your account, you need to do the following:
1. Sign in to your Namecheap account.
2. Choose the Billing option under the Profile menu in the bar on your left.
3. In the Payment section you will see a few options, you need to click on Add New in front of Payment Cards:
4. Fill in the required information for your card and click on the Save Changes button:
PLEASE NOTE: When you select a default card, you'll enjoy faster checkout and auto-renewals.
If you have one or more cards saved in your account, one of them will be used as default. You can also add up to two backup cards for auto-renewal usage.
To enable the auto-renewal payments for your credit card, please follow these steps:
1. Go to Account >> Profile >> Billing >> click on the Manage button in front of Payment Cards:
2. You will see a list of available payment cards in your account. Click on Edit Defaults in order to configure their sequence:
3. Check the option called Use for auto-renewal
and specify your options from the following:Default Card
- default for any purchase or auto-renewalFirst Backup Card
- used for any purchase or auto-renewalSecond Backup Card
- used for any purchase or auto-renewal
4. Once you have specified the order of your payment cards, click Save Changes
. See below:
5. To configure auto-renewal for all your services, go to Account >> Profile >> Billing >> and click on the Edit button in front of Auto-Renewal:
For auto-renewals, we'll attempt to charge your Namecheap account balance first. If there are insufficient funds in your account, we'll try to use your cards next – first the default card, then any alternative cards, in the order which you specified.
6. Finally, make sure to enable auto-renewal for any desired services in the list and click Save Changes
: Auto-renewal is not possible if sufficient funds are not available via one of these payment methods when the product or service expires. Also, any changes you make to your settings will be reflected the next time you check out.
: When you save your card details, please do not forget to enable auto-renewal for domains you want to be renewed automatically. The "Use for auto-renewal
" option has to be chosen, otherwise the auto-renewal will not happen.
For more information please refer to this article
. It is also possible to enable auto-renewal for hosting accounts. You can find more information on this here
Also, we would like to pay your attention to the fact that PayPal cannot be used
to pay for automatic renewals
of your services.