How can I set up MX records for my domain?
Please note that you can set up MX records for your domain only if it's using our default nameservers.
In order to set up/change the MX records for your domain, please do the following:
- Sign in to your Namecheap account
- Mouse over your Namecheap username on the black bar at the top of the page
- Click on Manage Domains
- Select the domain you want to change MX records for
- Click on All Host Records (missing All Host Records option?)
- Under Mail settings select 'User (Mail Server's Host Name Required)' option and click on Save Changes. Here you can set adjust MX records to be automatically set to be used with our Email only hosting or Google Apps email.
If you wish to set your own MX records, when the page has reloaded you will see the tabs to enter MX settings. You should enter @ into Host Name tab, the mail server hostname provided by your email provider into the next tab and set the priority of this MX record in MX pref tab. E.g.:
From here at any time you still can change the MX records to the ones required by Namecheap email hosting or Google Apps mail by selecting the corresponding option in Quick change box.
Click Save changes button
You can also check the following video tutorial on MX record setup: