How can I set up an A (address) record for my domain?
Please note that you can only set up A record for the domain if it’s using our default nameservers.
In order to set up an A (address) record for your domain please perform the following actions:
- Sign in to your Namecheap account
- Mouse over your Namecheap username on the black bat at the top of the page
- Click Manage Domains and click on the domain you wish to set the A (address) record for
- Click on All Host Records on the left (missing All Host Records option?)
- Enter an IP address for both WWW and @ fields and choose the record type as A (Address).
- If you wish to set an A record for your subdomain, you would need to make the changes under SUB-DOMAIN SETTINGS
Normally the changes should take effect within minutes.