How can I set up an A (address) record for my domain?
It is possible to set up A record for a domain if it’s using our default nameservers.
In order to create an A (address) record for your domain please perform the following actions:
1. Sign in to your Namecheap account (Sign In option is available in the top hat of the page).
2. Select Domain List from the left side menu and click on Manage button next to your domain:
3. Navigate Advanced DNS tab at the top of the page:
4. Find Host records section and click on Add New Record button (not able to edit Host Records?):
5. Select A Record for Type and enter the Host you would like to point to an IP address:
6. Once all details are inserted, save them using Save changes green icon.
Normally it takes 30 minutes for newly created records to take effect.
Once you've done so, you might also want to make sure, that there are no conflicting records set for the same host and remove them, if there are any. The records you need to check may be of Unmasked/Masked/Permanent Redirect, A or CNAME record types.
Here it the example of conflicting records:
If you have any questions, feel free to contact our Support Team.