How can I set up free email forwarding for my domain?
Our free Email forwarding option will allow you to create personalized e-mail addresses for a domain and forward emails to other email addresses of your choice. Please note that you can only setup Email forwarding for the domain if it’s using our default nameservers. In order to setup Email forwarding option for your domain please perform the following actions:
- Sign in to your Namecheap account
- Click on your username - it will be on the black bar located at the top of the page
- Click on Manage Domains
- Select the domain for which you would like to setup Email forwarding option
- Select the Email Forwarding Setup link in the left menu (missing Email Forwarding Setup option?)
- Fill in both the User name and Forwarded to fields with the corresponding information
- Click on the Save changes button
NOTE: You can create up to 100 email forwarding records when using our v2 default nameservers, and up to 50 email forwarding records when using our v1 default nameservers for your domain.
IMPORTANT: Delivery of test emails sent from the same email address that is set as Forwarded to will most likely fail. Thus, please use another email address when testing email forwarding.
You can also take a look at our video tutorial on email forwarding setup.