How to set up Free Email Forwarding
Our free Email Forwarding feature allows to create personalized e-mail addresses for a domain and forward emails to other email addresses of your choice. This service is available for all domains pointed to our default name servers, Backup DNS or FreeDNS systems. It is possible to create up to 100 forwarding email addresses on our default and FreeeDNS name servers, and up to 50 forwarding email addresses on our Backup DNS system.
This is a forwarding service that does not allow to create a fully-featured email accounts and send outgoing e-mails from email@example.com, since it’s a virtual email address. You may consider our Private Email service, which allows to create such email account.
In order to setup Email Forwarding for your domain, please do the following:
1. Sign in to your Namecheap account (Sign In option is available in the top hat of the page).
2. Select Domain List from the left side menu and click on Manage button next to your domain:
3. Navigate Advanced DNS tab at the top of the page:
4. Find Mail Settings section and select Email Forwarding from the drop-down menu. MX records will be set automatically once you Save all changes:
Please allow a few hours for newly created maiboxes to be completely set up on the forwarding mail server. After your settings have been activated, you will be able to test your mail service.
NOTE: Delivery of test emails sent from the same email address that is set as Forwarded to will most likely fail. Thus, please use another email address when testing email forwarding.
Once MX records are set, you need to create your forwarding email addresses.
5. Choose Domain tab on top of the page and scroll down to Redirect Email section. Click on Add Forwarder button:
6. Fill in both the Alias and Forward to fields with the corresponding information and click on tick to save changes:
If you have any questions, feel free to contact our Support Team.