Sometimes, you may have a domain that you want to delegate partial control of to another user. For example, you may wish to delegate just DNS management to a technical person in your company while retaining contact change rights, nameserver update rights, etc.
It's not possible to share access to the expired domain names
. Such domains should be renewed
In order to share access with another Namecheap user, do the following:
1. Sign into your Namecheap account (The Sign In option is available in the header of the page).
2. Select Domain List from the left sidebar and click on the Manage option in front of the domain name you would like to share access for:
3. Choose the Sharing & Transfer tab from the top menu and find the Share Access section. Simply input the new manager's email address or Namecheap username into the New Manager field and click Add:
4. Here you have the opportunity to select which settings your new manager will have access to edit.
Giving your manager access to make changes on your behalf can save you time, but keep in mind that for security reasons, you might not want to share access to all settings.
Enter your account password in the appropriate field to confirm that you wish to share access to these settings with your new domain manager:
Please note that the destination account user has an option to enable an additional security feature. If it's enabled, the access to domains will be given right away after the Share Access option is used.
Otherwise, an email invitation to become a manager of a domain will be sent to the email address associated with the destination Namecheap account. Only after the user clicks the confirmation link in that email, he/she will be able to access a domain.
Keep in mind that the new manager has to be logged into their account before clicking on the confirmation link.
The option To become manager of domains owned by others can be found in Profile > Security > Recovery & Alerts > Incoming Invitations > Edit:
Once the invitation is accepted, the destination user will see the domain but will be able to use only the rights you have provided him/her with.
NOTE: There is no option to grant the modification rights for the domains in bulk at this time.
If you need to cancel a pending managers invitation, you can do it as follows:
1. In “Sharing&Transfer” tab, find the “Share Access” section.
2. Click on "Manage" next to Domain Manager and choose Cancel (to cancel the invitation):
If the invitation has been already accepted, you will see an Edit button with a drop-down there. Click on the drop-down >> Remove. This action will remove the managerial rights completely for that user:
3. Click Done to save the changes.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact our Support Team.