How to transfer a domain from Hover
When a domain is transferred, the name servers associated with the domain will stay the same (e.g., ns1.OldRegistrar.com and ns2.OldRegistrar.com). However, as the domain is no longer with the Old Registrar, the Old Registrar’s name servers will stop responding to any queries for your domain. This causes downtime until you switch your domain to our DNS. Check how to reduce downtime in this case here: http://www.namecheap.com/support/knowledgebase/article.aspx/582/83/how-to-transfer-a-domain-into-namecheap-without-a-huge-downtime
NOTE: If you are using a third party DNS like your hosting company, the domain transfer will not cause any downtime issues (as the DNS server settings will not change during the transfer).
Please complete the following steps to transfer your domain away from Hover:
1. Log in to your Hover account at https://www.hover.com/signin
2. If you have more than one domain name in your account, click on the domain name that you are transferring.
3. Make sure the the domain is unlocked and you have your Auth Code copied down:
- Deselect the locking and privacy options on the right.
- Copy your authorization code so you can provide this to the new service provider.
After completing the above steps, you may start the transfer to Namecheap at http://www.namecheap.com/domains/transfer-a-domain.aspx