How can I move a domain from one Namecheap account to another?
You can move a domain to another Namecheap account using the Change Ownership option.
Once the domain is completely moved to another account, the new domain holder becomes responsible for all the payments regarding the domain.
Some tips that should be considered before a domain push:
1) You don't have to wait for 60 days to move a domain to another Namecheap account, either from the moment of registration or previous transfer.
2) The domain ownership change is final,and we will not be able to reverse it. If you need the domain back, please contact the new owner in this regard.
3) It is not possible to move expired domain names between Namecheap accounts. They should be renewed first.
4) WhoisGuard/PremiumDNS subscriptions (both enabled/disabled) can be pushed between Namecheap accounts only along with the domain.
5) Domains listed in our Marketplace should be removed from the listing beforehand, otherwise the push will not be completed.
6) It is not possible to move a domain to a person indicated as a manager in the Share Access section. Thus, remove the manager before moving the domain to his/her account.
7) If you choose the option Use new owner's contacts for Registrant Contact, make sure that the destination user has account details filled in properly before changing the ownership.
8) For .asia, .au, .ca, .ch, .de, .es, .eu, .fr, .li, .sg, .uk domains, the option Use Current Contacts needs to be selected, as due to the Registry peculiarities it is not possible to update contact details assigned to these TLDs via Namecheap account or additional details are required.
9) The destination account user has an option to disable an additional security feature. If the "Automatically Accept ownership of domains" box it's ticked, domains will be moved right away after the Change Domain Ownership option is used:
Otherwise, an email invitation to become a new owner of the domain will be sent to the email address associated with the destination Namecheap account. Only after a user clicks the confirmation link from that email, the domain will appear in the account.
The "Automatically Accept ownership of domains" option can be found in Profile > Security > Recovery & Alerts > Incoming Invitations > Edit:
To proceed with your domain push, follow the steps below:
1. Select Domain List from the left sidebar and click on the Manage button next to your domain:
2. Go to the Sharing & Transfer tab and find the Change Ownership section. Enter the email address or Namecheap username of the new domain owner and click on the Change button:
3. Just fill in your account password for authorization and select Registrant Contact in the modal window that appears. The process is free of charge.
If the Profile settings are properly filled in for the destination account, the domain will be moved to it almost instantly.
Domain push does not affect the DNS settings and that is why there will be no downtime (for both the website and the email service).
: Not all the domain-related services are moved to the destination account automatically along with the domain. For Private Email
service and hosting account
some additional actions are required.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact our Support Team.