To change protocols on Windows, follow the steps below:
1. Start the Windows VPN app.
2. Open the expanded view by clicking the top left arrow:
3. Go to User Settings > Protocol.
Under Protocol Settings, you can select the preferred protocol:
- IKEv2 - a 256-bit encryption, secure, stable and mobile oriented protocol.
- OpenVPN - also a 256-bit encryption protocol. Has strong desktop support and requires third-party software:
- TCP (Transmission Control Protocol) - high reliability compatibility.
- UDP (User Datagram Protocol) - best for slow connections and transmitting time-sensitive data.
function allows you to add obfuscation capability to OpenVPN in order
to bypass network sensors that detect VPN usage in order to block it.
- Install/Reinstall Tap Driver will install the required third-party software for using OpenVPN.
See detail view for explanation of the protocols:
In order to use OpenVPN, the TAP driver is required. If you do not have it, a corresponding pop up will appear. Please click Install:
Note: You can force the installation of the Tap driver by clicking the Install/Reinstall Tap Driver.
4. Once the necessary protocol and type are chosen, click the Connect VPN button:
If you need any further assistance, please contact our Support Team