The following is required to set up an IKEv2 connection using Windows built-in VPN settings:
- A secure FastVPN connection, if you do not have one can sign up for VPN service!
- Access to you FastVPN account panel in order to get your network credentials.
1. Open Windows 10 Settings menu from the Windows icon on the bottom left of your device as shown below:
2. Select Network&Internet option from the Settings menu:
3. Select the VPN tab on the left side of the Network & Internet menu:
4. Click on the Add a VPN connection button below VPN.
5. Insert the following details:
- VPN Provider: Windows (built-in)
- Connection Name: FastVPN Built In.
- Server name or address: Select your preferred server from your account panel server list. E.g.,sea-a24.vpn.server.com.
- VPN Type: IKEv2
- Type of sign-in info: Username and password
- User Name: FastVPN Network Username (from Account panel)
- Password: FastVPN Network Password (from Account panel)
NOTE: If you are copying your credentials from Account panel and pasting it to the login fields, please make sure there are NO spaces before or after the entries.
6. Click the Save button to save the setup.
7. Navigate back to the VPN Click Change adapter options listed below Related settings.
8. You will be redirected to the Network Connections. Find the IKEv2 VPN connection you established and right click it. Select Properties >> Networking >> IPv4 >> Properties >> Advanced and check the Use default gateway on remote network box.
9. Click OK and close the Network Connections window:
10. Click the Connect button to connect the IKEv2 VPN connection from your VPN settings window.