How to connect a domain name to Tictail
If you decided to sign up for a free Tictail account, you will be able to create and publish your store absolutely free. Plus, it will automatically get its own site address (URL): http://yourdomain.tictail.com.
In order to associate your domain name purchased from Namecheap with Tictail, for example, www.yourdomain.tld, you will first have to purchase a custom domain app required to link your store to a custom domain name.
If you already have a custom domain app with Tictail, the domain should be verified with Tictail and properly configured on Namecheap’s side (note that your domain should be pointed to our BasicDNS, otherwise, you will need to make changes on your hosting/DNS provider’s side).
To link your Namecheap domain to Tictail, perform the following actions:
1. Sign into your Namecheap account (The Sign In option is available in the top hat of the page).
2. Select Domain List from the left sidebar and click on the Manage button in front of your domain name:
3. Click on the Advanced DNS tab and find the Host records section. Then click on the Add New Record button (not able to edit Host Records?):
4. Configure an A Record for @ pointing to 220.127.116.11 and CNAME Record for www pointing to domains.tictail.com:
5. Save changes using the corresponding button. Normally, it takes 30 minutes for newly created host records to take effect.
6. Once you've done so, make sure that there are no conflicting records set for the same hosts.
If there are any conflicting records, please remove them. You need to pay attention to the records of the following types: URL Redirect (Unmasked/Masked/Permanent Redirect), A or CNAME. For example, you need to check if you might have such records as URL redirect and CNAME for the default parking page.
Here is an example of conflicting host records:
7. After your settings have been activated, you need to make sure Tictail knows about your custom domain so that it can direct visitors to your site.
Just log into your Tictail account and follow these instructions:
- Click on the .com icon in the left top corner and select I already have a domain I want to connect:
- Enter your domain in the format yourdomain.tld and click on Test Domain:
- Enter and Save www.yourdomain.tld afterwards.
After that, you will see the following confirmation:
That's it, now your domain is linked to Tictail!
If you have any questions, feel free to contact our Support Team.