How do I link my domain to my Squarespace account
This guide will help you to link your domain registered with Namecheap to your Squarespace account in a few clicks.
This article is for you if your domain is pointed to our BasicDNS
(a legacy option), PremiumDNS
. If your domain is using other nameservers, it’s necessary to make changes on the side of your hosting/DNS provider.
PLEASE NOTE: If you have a trial Squarespace subscription, please make
sure to upgrade it within 14 days after the purchase as your website
will not be accessible once the subscription expires.
In order to connect your Namecheap account with a Squarespace site, please perform the following actions:
- Sign in
to your Namecheap account
- Select Domain List from the left navigation sidebar and click on the Manage button that appears in front of your domain name:
- Now click on the Advanced DNS
tab and locate the Host Records
section. Use the Add New Record
button to add the required records (are you unable to edit host records?
Here you will need to create 6 host records for your domain name that are to be obtained from your Squarespace account:
- A record for @ pointing to 18.104.22.168
- A record for @ pointing to 22.214.171.124
- A record for @ pointing to 126.96.36.199
- A record for @ pointing to 188.8.131.52
- CNAME record for www pointing to ext-cust.squarespace.com
- CNAME record for a unique string pointing to verify.squarespace.com
Here is how the settings should look like:
Once all details are inserted, save them using the Save all changes green button.
Normally, it takes 30 minutes for newly created records to take effect.
Please make sure that there are no conflicting records set for the same host
and remove them, if there are any. The records you need to check may be of URL Redirect
(Unmasked/Masked/Permanent Redirect), A or CNAME
Here is the example of conflicting records:
After your settings have been activated, get back to the Squarespace account and check if anything is set up appropriately on their side.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact our Support Team.